Sunday, July 10, 2011

Finding My Rhythm

My blog is starting to develop its own rhythm.  That sentence actually fits pretty well with a music blog!  I tend to switch between articles that share the bit of knowledge I have about music and how to become a better musician with views from my little niche of music.  I also seem to be developing blog readers who like reading about these things.  It's a good match, and I'm so excited that the feedback I've been getting is positive!  I've even been getting requests for blogs on certain pedagogical topics.  I haven't forgotten to write them, it's just that with a wedding a month away, I might not get to it right now.

Now that I've settled into blogging and have started following other people's blogs, I have found some blogs that follow the same topics that I do.  One of those blogs is the one that my good friend from the Royal Northern College of Music writes.  She's currently a doctoral tuba student at the University of Iowa.  She has scholarly entries interspersed between quotes and photos that relate to music.  It's a good mix of entries that she wrote herself and entries that she's found elsewhere.  Her blog features entries on the friendship between Vaughn Williams and Ravel, the process of recording all of the national anthems for the olymics, and the best rehearsal techniques for a brass ensemble.  She even has a practice pie chart!  I think everyone should flood her blog this week and leave a comment on your favorite entry.  Tell her Amy sent you!

No comments:

Post a Comment